Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Big "D" Day Was Finally Here!

I walked into Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center on September 6, 1995, so excited to finally be getting the whole pregnancy thing over with.  I was 39 weeks and 5 days. It was early morning, so that the doctor could induce me. I was happy to see the midwife, Paula Murphy was there too. 
I had told them that I wanted the midwife to deliver the twins and have Dr. Peck there in case I needed a C Section.    
After I had the midwife broke my water, labor kicked in pretty heavy.  My niece, Sandy, was there with my friend, Anita.  They were my coaches and really helped me through 9 hours of labor.   


At 3:20, Marissa was born.   At 3:29 Caitlyn was born, whining loudly.  It was so cute and funny. 
No complications.   It was the perfect textbook delivery. :)    Marissa weighed in at 6# 15 oz and Caitlyn came in close at 6# 8 oz.   They were both around 20 inches.




Marissa & Caitlyn's Newborn Hospital Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment