Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Grandma's Sleeping! Wake her up!

In January of 2000,  my mom suffered a severe stroke.  She died 5 days after that.  
My twins looked at their grandma on the bed, her eyes still open from death and I heard Marissa ask "What is grandma staring at?"   I quickly went over and put my hands over her eyes and closed them gently.  It was strange feeling her lifelessness.  Cold skin that normally was warm.    I went on to explain to the twins that grandma had passed away, and told them that it was like sleeping.  And that someday Jehovah and Jesus would resurrect her and that we'd see her again.  
The twins were very quiet.  They stuck VERY close to each other for the rest of the day.
It was a day that I won't soon forget. :( :(

1 comment:

  1. I'd forgotten about this "moment" - not just for Caity and Missa then but YOU! {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete